Introducing the new GIO!   (Sounds like  a car commercial?)

Citizen, Consumer and Community interests have gathered together
in person and through the GIO listserv (subscription info below,
in signature) from across Illinois, and with other experts and
concerned citizens from across the country to work together to
GET ILLINOIS ONLINE.

What prompted this convergence of interests?  We've been witness
to the legislative agenda of Telecom and Cable giants in other
states, and we know what to expect for Illinois.  We don’t say
it as clearly as we need to, but these corporations dominate our
sector and establish the climate in which we work, receive
funding and live our lives.

http://www.digitaldivide.net/community/gio

The activists of GIO welcome you and wish to work with you, as
we are aware that each state is facing the same threat, and our
state-level elected and appointed officials need to Hear Us Now!
 (a nod to the Consumers Union site http://www.hearusnow.org/)

If you are in the Chicago area Thursday January 13th, please
come to the first of many GIO Town Meeting LAP's.
(www.lap.org)

CTCNet Chicago is the event coordinating host, the site host is
Circle Urban Ministries.  We're grateful to their generosity in
serving the wider community.  (Furthe event information is
available at the GIO community linked above.)

If you are in Illinois and willing to run a GIO Town Meeting LAP
in your community, please contact us.

If you are outside of Illinois and can help in any way, or if we
can help you organize on these common issues, contact us.

Regards to all,

Michael Maranda

Michael Maranda
President, The Association For Community Networking (AFCN)
President, CTCNet Chicago Chapter
Chair, Illinois Community Technology Consortium (ilCTC)
Vice President, NPOTechs
http://www.afcn.org
http://www.ctcnetchicago.org
http://www.npotechs.org
http://www.ilctc.org

my i-name: http://public.xdi.org/=Michael.Maranda
VoIP:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
UK #:  0870 - 3403757

http://del.icio.us/Tropology/

Join the State-by-State ICT Policy and Practice Project:
http://www.omidyar.net/group/state-by-state/
Get Illinois Online! listserv:
http://lists.cait.org/wws/subrequest/gio