Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:43:05 -0500
From: David P. Dillard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: CONSUMER AND INTERNET FRAUD HOAXES AND SCAMS : EARTHQUAKE: SOUTH
    ASIA DECEMBER 2004:  Nigerian 419 Scam Now Using Tsunami as Bait to Steal
    from Unwary Victims

CONSUMER AND INTERNET FRAUD HOAXES AND SCAMS: Nigerian 419 Scam Now Using
Tsunami as Bait to Steal from Unwary Victims

One advantage for me in some topics needing coverage is that I can
plagiarize myself as I sometimes have posts out there related to a topic I
need to cover again.  I am going to use the version of my post from the
Net-Happenings archive which is now a part of the Educational
Cyberplayground.  This post through its links will give a number of sites
for readers to inspect so that they can become very familiar with this
sinister and extensive groups of scam email messages aimed at stealing the
assets of those who sympathize and act on the sympathy or the wish to
share the tremendous sums of money to be gained by helping out the
poster(s) of these scam messages.  This will be followed by a fresh piece
of spam designed to get you to help a tsunami victim transfer a large sum
of money so that this victim can grab all of the assets in your bank
account and turn them over to this persons noble cause of self enrichment.
Anybody eager to help this aquisitive victim???

This is a lengthy post that can be viewed in its entirety here:

ASIA DECEMBER 2004: Nigerian 419 Scam Now Using Tsunami as Bait to Steal
from Unwary Victims
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Net-Gold/message/4054>

Sincerely,
David Dillard