Hi everyone,

As many of you know, I've been playing around with different types of
group blogs and podcasts in recent weeks, reading a news story about New
York's Central Park today made me come up with an idea.

Christo's public art project, The Gates, will be arriving in Central
Park in just a few weeks, and I thought it might be interesting to set
up a blog that would allow any visitor to send an email or call a
telephone number and have their impressions of the exhibit posted on the
blog. I could even set up a group Flickr feed based on a specific tag so
that people could post digital photos of the exhibit. (I recently did
this type of group blog at the Harvard blogging conference; you can see
the result at http://mobcasting.blogspot.com.)

This would give the public a chance to play with blogging, photo
blogging and podcasting in an simple, accessible way, all centering
around what I'm sure will be a huge topic of conversation in New York
and elsewhere.  I was also thinking it would be fun to have groups of
students in NYC post their own thoughts about the exhibit.

So I was wondering if there was anyone on the list that was planning to
do anything with their students or other groups in New York related to
the event, and if anyone might be interested in getting involved. I
could easily set up accounts for different individuals, classrooms or
schools, so they could each have their own ID when posting to the site.

This isn't an official project for work or anything - just an idea I
thought I'd explore for myself. Anyway, please let me know what you think.

Andy Carvin
acarvin @ edc . org