-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Taran
Rampersad
Sent: March 3, 2005 6:23 AM
To: The Digital Divide Network discussion group
Subject: Re: [DDN] Re: The digital divide and the idea of "public
computing"

Apparently, we violently agree.

Technology *is* just a tool, just like the stone axe. Yes, you are right
that technology is defined by the creator.

But nobody said that technology couldn't be changed to be used by
others. Whose responsibility is it to change something? Let's say I
build a car, and you like the car and purchase it from me. Does that
keep you from modifying the car for your own needs? No, it certainly
does not...