Champ-Blackwell, Siobhan wrote:

>I just checked it on Firefox and IE, and today its working on both. I can't
>remember which I used yesterday.
>siobhan

Perhaps this will help you in instances when a site times out. In
Windows (since you are also using IE, unless you're on a Mac) open up a
command prompt (probably under your accessories somewhere) and type:

tracert www.thedomainname.com

where www.thedomainname.com is the site's full address. If the things
times out without resolving, you have an issue with DNS. If not, and you
see anything over 1000 ms or little astericks, you know that the routing
on the internet is weird at that time for you.

The tracert (trace route) command is wonderful for this. It shows you
where the little packets of information are getting stuck on the internet.

Give it a try now to see how it's supposed to work. Use DigitalDivide.net:

tracert digitaldivide.net

--
Taran Rampersad
Presently in: Panama City, Panama