Fair enough. Siobhan wrote:
--------------------------

> I was wondering what y'alls thoughts are on what the current browser
> compliance standards should be for international audiences. I develop
> websites for a variety of non-profits which want to ensure the sites
> are accessible by the majority of users in developing countries. I
> know that the sites need to be low bandwidth, 508 compliant/highly
> usable.

-----------------------------

Now, 'what the current browser compliance standards should be for
international audiences', in the form of a question, is about what
standards... *should* be, which would mean a future standard. If that's
not the spirit of the conversation, then maybe I am on the wrong track.
But I sincerely don't think so, Todd.

> How does a discussion about new browsers help those with old browsers?
> If a person could have access to a new browser, then are those really
> people across the digital divide? I assumed that the digital divide
> refers to people with no or low technology.

'Browser Compliance standard' means *what* *standards* *a* *browser*
should comply to. Not a website.

I'm leaving this alone now, the points have been made.

--
Taran Rampersad
Presently in: Panama City, Panama

http://www.linuxgazette.com