Thanks for bringing this up. This event addresses a vital topic that deserves
more attention (which it is gradually getting, as attested to by UNESCO and
ACALAN's initiative in setting this up).

Will others on these groups be attending - and out of those any blogging? If so,
it would be great to have an aggregation (multilingual, of course). I could
offer a page on the Bisharat site if someone could help set it up - though
perhaps this could also be put on the DDN site or an aggregation site (??).

A few of the members of Unicode-Afrique
(http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/Unicode-Afrique/ ) will also be in Bamako and
a couple of them have promised summaries of the 2-day conference for that list
(but not blogs). These could also be incorporated somehow.

All the best and k'an b'u fo!

Don

Don Osborn, Ph.D.         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Bisharat! A language, technology & development initiative
*Bisharat! Initiative langues - technologie - développement
http://www.bisharat.net

http://portal.unesco.org/ci/en/ev.php-URL_ID=18391&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html

http://portal.unesco.org/ci/en/ev.php-URL_ID=17688&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html