hi everyone -

   if you're new to the Digital Divide Network community you might be
wondering how to connect with people in this community.

   one way is to browse thru the profiles people have written about
themselves and their interests on their DDN web site profiles.

    as a volunteer project, i recently collected as many of these
profiles as i could find. you can view these at
http://www.his.com/~pshapiro/ddnprofiles.html

     if i missed you, do please let me know and i'll add your profile link
at the end of the current list.

     some tips i collected to help people fill in their profile can
be found in the DDN email list archive at http://shorterlink.com/?H22UHF.

     browsing thru the email archive of the DDN email list is another way
of connecting with people of like mind. you can reach the archive
from a link at the end of every email message sent to the DDN email
list.
here is the link to the DDN email list signup, sign-off and archive.

      friendly tip - you might find it easiest to fill in your DDN profile
in several short sessions. write some brief stuff about your
interests and background. browse existing DDN profiles to learn more
about other people's interests. than write some more about your own
interests.

      thanks to my DDN profile, i made a new connection with an existing
colleague.  we both are very fond of the East Harlem Tutorial
Program, where i started my career as a teacher back in 1977. if i
had not mentioned this fact in my DDN profile, this shared
connection with a colleague might never have happened.

      lastly, the best way to connect with people in the DDN community is
to send email to the DDN email list, as i'm doing right now.  the
list email address is  digitaldivide@mailman.edc.org

      ask questions. share ideas. share links to interesting resources,
look for collaborators for projects you want to work on, share news
of your successes, etc.

       hope this helps,

         phil shapiro
         volunteer participant and supporter
         digital divide network

--
Phil Shapiro  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/ (personal)

"Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others." - Desiderata