Siobhan,

Thanks for the link. It should be of great interest to anyone who follows the emergence of new methods of education. All educators should be actively participating in an evolving understanding of what it means to be literate. Of course, that understanding is a moving target, since knowledge and its application is constantly being informed by new technologies.

BTW, I left classroom teaching precisely because of the constraints described in the report as "barriers". I was seeking an "out-of-school" opportunity, such as CORAL <http://www.lbcoralyi.org>, that never materialized. However, I have not lost my passion for a new vision of literacy that this report describes.

--

Dave Blair
http://www.digitaldivide.net/profile/dave

"Dont ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive, and
go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."  -  Howard
Thurman

Champ-Blackwell, Siobhan wrote:

Sent to me through a path of listservs...
Siobhan

Siobhan Champ-Blackwell, MSLIS
Community Outreach Liaison
National Network of Libraries of Medicine - MidContinental Region
Creighton University Health Sciences Library
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178
402-280-4156/800-338-7657
[EMAIL PROTECTED]