From: Taran Rampersad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: The Digital Divide Network discussion group
Subject: [DDN] Re: [WWWEDU] South Asia Quake Help Blog

To toss onto this, I've been contacted by KatrinaHelp to assist in
setting up an ARC like system there - but we really need someone on the
ground, in the region, who can set up a SMS->email/web gateway, since
the cost of calls will be lower. So, right now, we need to find someone
who can do that or who is willing to do that locally in the region.

Once again, SMS is working where nothing else is. I've sent out a call
on the MobileActive network, but maybe someone in these groups knows
someone who isn't afraid to give this a shot to help out in that region.

--
Taran Rampersad
Presently in: San Fernando, Trinidad

http://www.knowprose.com