Hi all,
 Just saw this article 'World Bank punts e-development' in the Digital
opportunity Channel at
http://www.digitalopportunity.org/article/view/122060/1/
 What captured my attention was:
"The World Bank is the largest international donor in the field of ICT for
development, with ICT projects in more than 80 countries and an overall
portfolio amounting to more than US$3 billion (R19 billion). Part of these
funds is spent specifically on e-government initiatives.

"An increasing number of countries are receiving World Bank support for ICT
components in traditional investment projects and to design e-government
applications and integrated, large-scale e-development projects. These
include e-Sri Lanka, e-Bharat in India, e-Ghana, the Vietnam ICT Development
project, and the ICT Sector Development Project in Tunisia," says Mohsen
Khalil, director of the World Bank Group's global ICT department"
 Since DDN's mission is global and worldwide, I think, the worldbank can
support the noble mission of of the network.
 What do you all think? I do not have much experience about the type of
projects that the worldback supports, but I thought, I would learn from the
exchange of ideas that may happen if I post it on the list.
 Regards,
 Jay
--
Jay Bhatt
Information Services Consultant (Engineering)

Engineering Resources Blog:
http://englibrary.blogspot.com

Jay's Information Initiatives in India community on the Digital Divide
Network
http://www.digitaldivide.net/community/InformationIndia

Jay's blog on the Digital Divide Network
http://www.digitaldivide.net/blog/jaybhatt

Jay's Journal on LISNews
http://www.lisnews.com/%7EJay/journal