Phil Shapiro wrote:

hi everyone - moodle, the free open source online learning system, is gathering
even more momentum.  http://www.egovmonitor.com/node/3460
- phil  http://moodle.org
And moodle is even making inroads at the opposite extreme too - little CAWD - Some of my computer club friends helped me to have a look at it.

It seems to me that if I thought of CAWDnet's various Special Interest Groups as "courses" - and if the people connected with the groups became "teachers" or "participants" on these "courses" (depending on their level of involvement) then moodle could be useful to us. Our various SIGs could develop into various Online Learning Communities, using moodle as an appropriate tool for discussion and "project based learning". It could replace things like yahoo groups, and also provide a mechanism for shared document creation and collection - our "course content" - which all SIG members could refer to - and which late joiners to the "course" could read. They could study our "course" to catch up with the work and knowledge of the SIG.

I don't know when I will have time to follow these ideas up, to see if they are practical.

If any list members have advice or comments on the practicality of the idea I'd be interested to hear from you - on or off list.

Pam

Pamela McLean
CAWDnet convenor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]