Dear Emanuel:

You are not going to get the hundred dollar computer soon. It is NOT YET
PRODUCED. They have just used the WSIS event to make a high profile
announcement with a prototype. When it is ready you and I cannot buy it.
The minimum order they would accept is a million units! One should have
one hundred million dollars to buy this gadget. Then the million pieces
should be distributed to children, many of them living in remote villages.

We would better devote our time and energy on pursuits which will yield
some concrete results. As Larry Press said, if a government has so much
money they may think of investing part of it in communications
infrastructure and the rest in setting up community telecentres.

Arun