In a message dated 8/16/06 8:31:18 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Peter:

Where do discussions stand with the Peace Corps?  I had raised  a technology
training component with the Peace Corps several years ago, in the  context of
their proposed legislation to increase its size.  Think that all  PC
Volunteers could benefit,k as well as their assignments, by having a solid
grounding
in local CTCs and CNs. Also think there could well be some special  "team"
assignments in countries with PCs to support the CTC and CN efforts of  the
local
volunteers teaching, doing health, community development,  etc.

Don Samuelson
Peace Corps - Nigeria IV  1962 - 1964

Hi,  Katrin, the CTC VISTA Project is the most popular
program in the AmeriCorps  recruitment system and has
generally been considered a good example  of
supportive volunteerism in the U.S.  There's been some
interest  in exploring some of our programmatic features
internationally and we've  had sporadic exchanges with
the Peace Corps in this regard as well.   Apart from our six
month reports  <www.cpcs.umb.edu/vista/projectreports.html>
and site visit  evaluations from the Corporation for National and
Community Service, the  Trotter Institute undertook a program
evaluation a few years ago; it's  at
<www.cpcs.umb.edu/vista/finaltrottereval.htm>.

best,  ----peter