Sergey Gromov wrote:
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:21:18 +0800,
davidl wrote:
Everything you worry about is just poor editor. Why do you think an
editor can affect the language?

I think an editor is not the only thing that displays your program's source. I think that compiler's error message should be readable over a TTY terminal. Otherwise you're limited to working with fancy graphical shells.

I agree.

My real world experience: Sometimes I need to code over ssh. The server admin only installed vim (which I don't use) and nano, no emacs.

Probably there could be a vim module also (is it possible?), but that's just palliatives.