Sergey Gromov wrote:
Don wrote:
If you could completely ignore keyboard and display issues, and use any
unicode character as an operator, which ones would you actually use?

I'd use dot "⋅" and cross "×" products for 3D, union "∪" and
intersection "∩", subset "⊂" and superset "⊃" and their negative forms.
 I don't think I'd use anything else.

Well, comparisons look better when converted into appropriate unicode.

In my opinion, a workable feature is this:

* Functions can be defined with a leading backspace. They will be usable with the infix notation.

* There is a way of specifying that precedence of a function defined as above is the same as precedence of a built-in operator.

* Functions of which name is the same as an HTML entity name for a symbol can be replaced with the actual symbol.

Andrei