Max Samukha wrote:
On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 16:09:43 +0200, Max Samukha
<samu...@voliacable.com.removethis> wrote:

rebuild is pretty unusable with dmd 2.023, so I've taken the liberty
to port a popen implementation to D for Windows and modify rdmd to use
that.

The handle returned by the popen st

..ill fails at the end of stream (maybe due to this issue
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/c++/windows/32-bits/274.html),
so the exception is simply ignored for now.

The rdmd.d patch and popen are here
http://d-coding.com/download/rdmd.zip

That's great! Is it ok with you if I take the popen implementation and do the rdmd integration by hand? I made a couple of other changes to rdmd and I'm not sure how patch would cope with that. Also, please let me know if you allow me to change popen a bit to e.g make symbols more local and add documentation. Finally, please let me know if I can publish your implementation in Phobos and use it in other functions such as shell().

Thanks,

Andrei