Ary Borenszweig wrote:
のしいか (noshiika) escribió:
Thank you for the great work, Walter and all the other contributors.

But I am a bit disappointed with the CaseRangeStatement syntax.
Why is it
   case 0: .. case 9:
instead of
   case 0 .. 9:

With the latter notation, ranges can be easily used together with commas, for example:
   case 0, 2 .. 4, 6 .. 9:

And CaseRangeStatement, being inconsistent with other syntaxes using the .. operator, i.e. slicing and ForeachRangeStatement, includes the endpoint. Shouldn't D make use of another operator to express ranges that include the endpoints as Ruby or Perl6 does?

I agree.

I think this syntax is yet another one of those things people looking at D will say "ugly" and turn their heads away.

And what did those people use when they wanted to express a range of case labels? In other words, where did those people turn their heads towards?

Andrei