Derek Parnell wrote:
On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 21:59:54 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

There's a lot of punctuation that has different roles depending on the context.

Agreed. No argument here. The meaning of punctuation depends on its
context. Got it.

However, that aside, the syntax you have chosen will have a rational
explanation for its superiority. So can you explain in simple terms why
    CaseLabelInt .. CaseLabelInt  eg. case 1: .. case 9:

is superior than

    case CaseRange:  eg. case 1 .. 9:

It is superior because case 1 .. 9: raises the question on whether 9 is included or not. Consistency with a[1 .. 9] and foreach (x; 1 .. 9) suggests that 9 should not be included, common usage of case statements suggests that 9 should be included.

given that
  CaseLabelInt ==> case IntegerExpression :
  CaseRange    ==> IntegerExpression .. IntegerExpression

What's this?

On the full side of the glass, with the latest dmd release, the language has acquired some useful feature improvements and the implementation has fixed many bugs.

Yes it truly has, and thank you very much to all contributors.

Why the crankiness?

Because it is so demoralizing to point out 'warts' in D/DMD and be
subsequently dismissed as ungrateful plebeians who are wasting the time of
the patricians. Sorry, but you did ask.

I understand. Sorry about that. I am certain there's a misreading of attitude, though I clearly see how you could acquire that impression.

Andrei