On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 16:55:49 +0400, Jacob Carlborg <d...@me.com> wrote:

On 10/5/09 13:49, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 03:54:22 -0400, Walter Bright
<newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

Another OSX 10.5 release :-)

Anyhow, this should work with gdb now, and has contract inheritance
(finally).

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.048.zip

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.033.zip

Many thanks to the numerous people who contributed to this update.

Excellent work! It looks like a lot of mundane bugs are getting fixed,
which is a good sign :)

A couple questions:

1. "The result type of the typeid(type) is now the most derived TypeInfo
class, rather than the TypeInfo base class" Why can't this be propogated
to D1? I can't imagine code that depends on the return value being typed
as TypeInfo that would not simply just work with the most derived return
type...

2. A while ago, (I can't find the post, it may have been on reddit) you
mentioned that you were going to add property notation. Is that still
going to happen? I'm really looking forward to that, and if not, is
there a reason?

There are some traces of it in the code: http://www.dsource.org/projects/dmd/changeset/195 search for "property".

-Steve

int bar() @property