On 2009-11-13 01:52:07 -0500, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com> said:

Anders Bergh wrote:
No, but you'll need to use the 10.4 SDK (it's optional when you
install Xcode though). Same problem as last time, between 10.4 and
10.5. But any binaries you compile for 10.4 should work on 10.6 as
well.

I did have the 10.4 SDK installed, but apparently the upgrade deleted it because the makefiles that referred to it all broke.

Yeah, it does so. Unless you check the "Mac OS X 10.4 Support" subpackage, which is unchecked by default, in the custom installation panel of the Xcode installer.

Also, you can keep your old installations of Xcode on 10.6. I have Xcode 2.5 from Tiger, 3.0 and 3.1 from Leopard, and 3.2 from Snow Leopard running all side by side just fine on my computer. This includes both the IDE and the command line utilities. Even the old compilers and linkers work fine. Before installing a new version, I just rename the old "/Developer" folder to something else so the new one won't override it. It is documented to work in the Read Me file accompanying Xcode, and it does indeed work fine.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.for...@michelf.com