On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 13:59:32 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu
<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

Due to a pretty odd mistake at the printer, the first 1000 copies of
TDPL will not have the name of the author on their cover. (The name
still appears on the back cover and the spine.)

The history of printing is rife with rare printing mistakes that have
become collector's editions. Preorder now to be among the first 1000
readers who get the authorless TDPL edition.

*cough* marketing ploy

;)

Wish it was a ploy! It's a mistake, which my editor and I joked about reframing as a positive.

Andrei