On 2012-05-11 10:01, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
There were several discussions about the need for a D compiler library.

I propose my draft implementation of lexer for community review:
https://github.com/roman-d-boiko/dct

Lexer is based on Brian Schott's project
https://github.com/Hackerpilot/Dscanner, but it has been refactored and
extended (and more changes are on the way).

The goal is to have source code loading, lexer, parser and semantic
analysis available as parts of Phobos. These libraries should be
designed to be usable in multiple scenarios (e.g., refactoring, code
analysis, etc.).

My commitment is to have at least front end built this year (and
conforming to the D2 specification unless explicitly stated otherwise
for some particular aspect).

Please post any feed here. A dedicated project web-site will be created
later.

(Re-posting here)

A couple of questions:

* What's the sate of the lexer
* Does it convert numerical literals and similar to their actual values
* Does it retain full source information
* Is there an example we can look at to see how the API is used
* Does it have a range based interface

--
/Jacob Carlborg