On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 23:17:38 -0700, Jacob Carlborg <d...@me.com> wrote:

On 2012-07-16 21:37, Adam Wilson wrote:

The only problem I can see with this is that the build would only for
whichever OS the merger happens to be running on. A two step process is
about the best we can do.

./merge does the following
git fetch upstream
git cherry-pick 534d44c979
git cherry-pick 70dcb958ea

If the cherry pick is successful, push to master, which will need to be
done manually in case any merge conflicts arise.

How would this work? Isn't the whole point of cherry picking to be able to choose what to pick from a branch and not picking everything?

Each parameter represents a specific commit ID to pick.

./build does the following for all projects
git fetch origin
git merge origin/master
make clean -f <system>.mak
make -f <system>.mak
make unittests -f <system>.mak

As for actually putting together the script, my Bash-fu, is not as
strong as my PowerShell-fu, but with some effort it could be achieved.
Both are not terribly difficult (expect for the uploading part).

You could use DVM with the "compile" command to build everything.

https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm

Hmm, this sounds like an interesting method, can it be targeted at any repo and if so how? And does it run unittests?

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender