On Monday, 5 November 2012 at 17:54:32 UTC, Namespace wrote:
I am considering to rewrite Remus from the ground up.
Because I hope that Remus earn next time more interest, I would like to vote or discuss the features.
As there would be:
  - Not null references. Example: Foo& f / int& i. Maybe only for Objects?   - not null safe invocation. Example: some_obj?.do_something();
  - Elvis operator. Example: Foo result = foo ?: new Foo();
  - Stack instances with own keyword? For example, with 'local' as it is now.   - Package import? Example: import package std: stdio, array, regex;
  - Namespaces?

What is preferred by this list / what not? What should be included in any case in Remus / what not?

I'm learning the D language right now, and I can not say that I've missed any of these things. They may offer some 'syntactic sugar', but the D is very expressive anyway. Ex: for safe invocation I would use an assert/enforce anyway if there is a chance the object is null. The 'import package' whould be usefull though...