On 1/8/2013 4:52 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
On Tue, 2013-01-08 at 08:27 +0100, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

I'm running 10.7 on my white MacBook from 2006.

Interesting, I was told not to try upgrading to Lion, but to stay with
Snow Leopard.

MacBook2.1, Core 2 Duo, 2GB.

This has a 64-bit processor, but 32-bit boot PROM, which means OS X will
only run in 32-bit mode. This causes great pain since OS and processor
report different states of being, leading to real pain  building stuff.

So it won't run any 64 bit software?

For at least a couple releases now, dmd for OS X has only included the 64 bit binaries for dmd. Not a single person has noticed (at least nobody has commented on it).

We do build and test the OS X 32 bit dmd binaries, but left them off of the install package.