On 16.03.2013 18:47, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 17:03:43 -0400
Andrei Alexandrescu <seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

Destroy (but upvote):
http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1adf94/three_optimization_tips_for_c/

Andrei

Makes me suddenly feel old and nostalgic for the 386 and 6502 ;)

And arrays faster than pointers? Geez, seriously, I'd never have
guessed.

This is will what I keep telling, the time of Michael Abrash's "Zen of Assembly Language" is long gone, unless you're targeting simple embedded processors.

In the PC world it started with the Pentium architecture, slowly it was
hard to predict the effect of assembly instructions without taking notes.

This is why, contrary to popular belief even C is not that low level any longer.

--
Paulo