On Monday, 22 July 2013 at 18:08:36 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Please join me in congratulating monarch dodra for his admission among our github committers. We're starting with phobos, druntime, and tools access, and if all goes well, we'll extend write rights to dmd also.

Thanks,

Andrei

Hey! Sorry it took me 4 days to discover the D announce thread. I must admit it wasn't one of the threads I looked over (although this will change starting today, lots of interesting articles here).

In any case, thank you everyone for your support and kind words :)

I don't think granting me dmd rights would be necessary, as I don't really know how the compiler works, and I mostly only contribute to phobos anyways (sometimes druntime).

I may in the future try to contribute to dmd itself, but I wouldn't ever pull anything in there myself anyways, so giving me pull rights (at this point) would be mostly pointless.

Well, here's to making D as best as it can be ^^