On Wednesday, 31 July 2013 at 22:58:56 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 7/31/2013 2:40 PM, Bill Baxter wrote:
Are you serious that you can't fathom how it could be confusing to someone than
talking about differences in run times?

Yes.

And no, I'm not talking about confusing to someone who lives in an undiscovered stone age tribe in the Amazon. I'm talking about computer programmers.

I'm only a casual programmer, and I love the speed metric you've used. A 75% speed increase means that the new compiler will be 75% through compiling a second equivalent program by the time the previous compiler finishes the first. It conjures images like the ones in the Mopar video you posted. That's amazing to me. Here's to burning rubber, Walter!