On Tuesday, 6 August 2013 at 15:05:22 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
Shows how I like to deal with throwing exceptions from C callbacks in D. Target audience is beginner-level. Uses GLFW to demonstrate.

http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/technical/general-programming/d-exceptions-and-c-callbacks-r3323

Good article, thanks.

There's one thing though. You say than relying on coder's discipline is error prone and I totally agree with that. But your sollution requires coder to remember to wrap those callbacks in try-catches. Maybe modifying glfwSetWindowCloseCallback and similar functions to only accept nothrow functions is a good idea?