On Monday, 19 August 2013 at 17:59:13 UTC, David wrote:
Lumen
=====

Lumen is a KTextEditor autocompletion plugin for the D programming
language, which works e.g. in Kate or KDevelop, based on the DCD
autocompletion server.

Lumen: https://github.com/Dav1dde/lumen
DCD: https://github.com/Hackerpilot/DCD

With this Plugin KDevelop finally evolves to the most awesome D IDE out there (as DCD improves). You've got autocompletion(, semantic analysis, something I want to add to DCD overtime) and an amazing GDB integration,
which works for D out of the be box!

Would be great if some of you could test it, it should work flawlessly.

TODO (lumen only):
 * Add include-paths UI
* Get rid of dcd-client and implement its functionallity in pure C++

TODO (as DCD progresses):
* "Best matches", e.g. `void foo(int x);` when completing `foo(`
display every local/function which returns an integer in a "best
matches" group
 * Sorting by inheritance
 * Sorting by scopes

This is awesome. I've tried KDevelop recently and good D support might make me consider using it instead of Vim (especially if Vim mode improves further).

Is it viable, in longer-term future, to have features similar to what KDevelop can do for C++? (semantic highlighting, esp. the color variation based on similarity of variable names, automatic creation of a stub of a nonexistent function based on a function call, etc.).