On Monday, 9 September 2013 at 16:43:54 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1m1izv/goingnative_2013_writing_quick_code_in_c_quickly/

Andrei

So I'll jump in as I've seen the conf before that post.

It is really worthwhile to watch. Quite informative on the technical side (funilly, I did implement the solution presented in the devirtualization part on a platform where virtual function were not available because of crappy compiler, but had no idea it was worthwhile for speed, it wasn't the goal so I never measured, and it also may not the case on the given plateform).

Many discussed subject apply as well to D. By the way, what is the state of std.bitmanip in comparison to what is presented in the conf ?

Also, Andrei, did you try LLVM/clang ?

Related to going native, Chandler the discussion on signess of integers and I really wonder if we should follow the rule that make unsigned spread like a virus, as C does.