I do have a question regarding the talk's section on devirtualization. As a language that imposes virtual methods for classes, how well does D play when it comes to devirtualization? And on a side note, does D have a different way of implementing virtual methods than most C++ compilers do?

In D it seems that currently the preferred way to compile a project is to compile all the source at once using RDMD or similar. Isn't that a great opportunity for full program analysis to do devirtualization?

It may be a trend, but I hope it will never become D's official
approach, because it doesn't scale. This would left out all the
people that use the object-file based approach (and related
tools, like Makefiles), which is dominant in the Linux world, and
is required in some cases (limited hardware, distributed
compiling, or simply huge projects).