On Monday, 7 October 2013 at 19:34:11 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
while I got a chuckle out of "D is what C++ wanted to be.", I might omit this. Insulting C++ isn't likely a great way to attract the C++ crowd, which is one of our major target audiences.

Quite the contrary, I can't really imagine many good C++ developers who don't insult this language on their own :) Its problems are quite well-known and widely accepted.

Though saying that D already _is_ what C++ wanted to be is a bit ambitious. Probably more appropriate is to say that it was one of main motivations / design goals.