On Friday, 11 October 2013 at 00:36:12 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Today I committed the first 5112 lines of D code to Facebook's repository. The project is in heavy daily use at Facebook. Compared to the original version (written in C++) we've measured massive wins in all of source code size, build speed, and running speed.

In all likelihood we'll follow up with a blog post describing the process.



Andrei

Pretty cool. Look forward to the blog post.
It looks like the call to arms you made at DConf this year to focus on quality and professionalism are paying off. In particular, I've noticed the speed with which bugs are being handled has improved recently. Lots of good stuff.
Congratulations on your work.

Joseph

Reply via email to