On Friday, 11 October 2013 at 05:19:48 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
On Friday, 11 October 2013 at 00:36:12 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Today I committed the first 5112 lines of D code to Facebook's repository. The project is in heavy daily use at Facebook. Compared to the original version (written in C++) we've measured massive wins in all of source code size, build speed, and running speed.

In all likelihood we'll follow up with a blog post describing the process.

Andrei

This is fantastic news! And also the time when having an upvote button would be awesome. They can be placed here though:

http://www.reddit.com/r/d_language/comments/1o6p55/first_d_language_commit_at_facebook/

It's on HN too: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6532322