On Saturday, 16 November 2013 at 02:13:56 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 11/15/2013 5:40 PM, Brian Rogoff wrote:
On Saturday, 16 November 2013 at 00:45:18 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
How do you mean that? The budget is of course much larger than that. I'd just
started assigning it.

Andrei

What's going to be the bounty for getting a precise GC in D? Is it even fair to
say there's a single bounty hunter?

OK, OK, just kidding! I think it's great that FB does this.

It's not restricted to FB. Using the site https://www.bountysource.com/trackers/383571-d-programming-language any outfit (or individual!) using D that wants to encourage the community to fix a particular bug can post any bounty they like there.

Sometimes companies do ask me if there is a way they can "give back" to the D community (since we make free software), and this is a great way to do it.

Off Topic:

Was a big fan of yours during your symantec C++ days ( spent tons of time going through the standard library implementations ).

Have never heard of D before today. Will be sure to check it out.

Thanks for all your contributions to the community.