On 2013-11-19 09:19, Rory McGuire wrote:

Thanks. I believe that is the example that made me think that its main
purpose was for archiving.

So is an Archive actually a serialization driver? Can one make a
protobuf driver or a hessian driver?

Yes, that should be possible. It depends on how the data looks like. The upcoming std.serialization version will relax quite a lot of the requirements of the archiver. That means more archivers can be implemented.

Are the serializers able to stream data, with something like a range
interface?

No, unfortunately not. I'm working on including Orange into Phobos as std.serialization. That version will have a range API.

--
/Jacob Carlborg