On 2013-12-02 21:51, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

I need to dig up the old discussions about this topic, I just seemed to
remember that we reached a conclusion to require a root file also for
libraries, but you are right that technically it's not required in this
case (as in the the suggested alternative).

Please let me know if you find it.

Since DUB operates on packages and I don't really see the compelling
advantage over "rdmd -main -unittest foo.d", I'd rather not complicate
it further for this use case. An exception would be if foo is a single
file package (yet to be implemented).

Fair enough.

--
/Jacob Carlborg