On Thursday, 2 January 2014 at 10:59:27 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2014-01-02 02:12, Dylan Knutson wrote:

It didn't before, because of how the semantics of eRuby syntax works, but now it does! It seemed like an important thing to support...

Here's an example mimicking a subset of Rails' `form_for` helper:
[Snip]

Nice. Do you have any concept of safe vs unsafe strings?

No, but that's been on the to-do list. I feel like safe vs. unsafe strings are tied heavily with the escaping of unsafe strings, which is specific to a language, so I think the best way to go about this is to provide:

- A way to define custom "string" types (like a struct wrapping a string tracking if it's safe or not) - Callbacks for processing all of the string-ey things written to the output buffer, to decide if something should be escaped or not.