On Friday, 10 January 2014 at 03:48:35 UTC, Jameson Ernst wrote:
On Friday, 10 January 2014 at 03:29:06 UTC, Alexander Bothe wrote:
On Friday, 10 January 2014 at 02:33:05 UTC, Jameson Ernst wrote:
On a hunch that maybe it has to do with some strange assembly version or mono version mismatch, I used monodis/ilasm to roundtrip the assembly, reassembling it against the dependencies provided in the git repo. It still exhibits the same breakpoint issue, so something is the code itself must be different.

I've managed to bypass the addin building system now in v0.2.4.6 - just try to install it and hopefully see the difference :D

Still no luck; same behavior when installed via the addin repo.

However, I have identified this exception in the logs, that I can confirm occurs only when using the dll from the addin repo, and NOT when using a working built-from-source dll, so the odds that it is related are very high:

ERROR [2014-01-09 19:42:34Z]: Error while processing gdb output
MonoDevelop.Debugger.Gdb.GdbException: -data-evaluate-expression: Usage: -data-evaluate-expression expression at MonoDevelop.Debugger.Gdb.GdbSession.RunCommand (System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MonoDevelop.Debugger.Gdb.GdbSession.CheckBreakpoint (Int32 handle) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MonoDevelop.Debugger.Gdb.GdbSession.HandleEvent (MonoDevelop.Debugger.Gdb.GdbEvent ev) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MonoDevelop.Debugger.Gdb.GdbSession+<ProcessOutput>c__AnonStorey3.<>m__3 (System.Object ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It's not much to go on since there's no mdb with the distributed dll, but it's something.

Alright, I noticed that I made a mistake with publishing the right version - now I've uploaded it again, uninstalled it, removed the ~/.local/share/MonoDevelop-4.0/LocalInstall/Addins/MonoDevelop.D.Debugging.Gdb. folder, installed it again, restarted MonoDevelop and tried it out - only then it worked again. The .dll inside this folder must be about 72,2kB large, no 69kB! For some reasons it did not overwrite that older dll, thus I removed it.

Reply via email to