On Wednesday, 22 January 2014 at 10:38:40 UTC, bearophile wrote:
Walter Bright:

http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1vtm2l/so_you_want_to_write_your_own_language_dr_dobbs/

Thank you for the simple nice article.

The poisoning approach. [...] This is the approach we've been using in the D compiler, and are very pleased with the results.<

Yet, even in D most of the error messages after the first few ones are often not so useful to me. So perhaps I'd like a compiler switch to show only the first few error messages and then stop the compiler.

Could you give an example? We've tried very hard to avoid useless error messages, there should only be one error message for each bug in the code. Parser errors still generate a cascade of junk, and the "cannot deduce function from argument types" message is still painful -- is that what you mean? Or something else?