On Tuesday, 4 February 2014 at 20:39:13 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
On Tuesday, 4 February 2014 at 20:34:29 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I'm happy to announce that Scott Meyers will deliver a keynote talk at the upcoming DConf 2014. Details of the talk are forthcoming.

Scott Meyers (http://aristeia.com) is one of the best experts worldwide in all aspects of software development using C++. He authored the best-selling Effective C++ series ("Effective C++", "More Effective C++", and "Effective STL") and founded the "Effective Software Development Series" at Addison Wesley, where he acts as a Consulting Editor. Scott holds a M.Sc. from Stanford University and a Ph.D. from Brown University.

Andrei

That's great. Some of my favorite C++ books were written by him.

Does this mean D has to get the r-value references situation in order before May? :P

His website is where I first learned about D back in 2007.