On Monday, 17 February 2014 at 07:24:11 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On Monday, 17 February 2014 at 06:09:35 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:

A base class reference is: from your example an A which actually contains a
C or B.

Honestly I haven't tried this I would have assumed that D still gives you
the real type when using reflection but have you tried it?

Unfortunately the only why to get a value of field by reflection requires the static type to be known. When serializing through a base class reference the static type is lost. Therefore it's required to register the subclass, one way or another.

--
/Jacob Carlborg

Yeah, I still have to implement that for cerealed.

Atila