On Saturday, 22 February 2014 at 12:07:39 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
Am 22.02.2014 12:24, schrieb Paulo Pinto:
Am 22.02.2014 10:44, schrieb Sönke Ludwig:

The Windows installer seems not to like being installed via UAC as the Administrator gets the PATH configured, not the user that started the
installer.

--
Paulo

Going by the installer script, it should install to the global PATH (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE) variable, not to the user's (or Adminstrator's) one. Are you sure that the latter is the case for you?

There is also a ticket to enable per-user installation from unprivileged accounts. I'll try to look into that topic, too, for the next release (need to read up on the proper NSIS options/plugins).

Just installed on my win7 machine without problems, on win8 on the other hand authorization was required... strange