On Tuesday, 25 February 2014 at 12:58:03 UTC, bearophile wrote:
It should be other way around - remove all such arguable
warnings from compiler to dedicated lint tool and never add
any single one to compiler.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing as you say?
1) need to distribute extra tool
2) need to keep it in sync with language
1) can't affect compilation semantics (__traits(compiles) + dmd
2) allows defining project-specific rule set
3) becomes possible to define exceptions from general rules
without affecting language
4) makes it possible to add lot of different checks without
endless arguments about their applicability for all programs