On Tuesday, 25 February 2014 at 22:42:53 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 2/25/2014 8:05 AM, Paulo Pinto wrote:
Actually a good approach the Go guys have, everything that can be a warning, is
an error.

D started with and maintained that approach for many years. It was a position I strongly advocated.

To be completely honest, at the moment warning lobby has happened it was more reasonable because there was not even slight possibility of lint-like tool creation back then. But now we have DScanner and DDMD is not that far away too which allows for more purism in this question.