On Monday, 3 March 2014 at 16:37:49 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
As some of you might know, I've been working on a D book over
the last few months. It is now available as "coming soon" on
the publisher's website:
I was hoping to have it finished in time for the D conference,
but the publisher thought that was too soon to be realistic and
it is looking like they are right... right now we believe it
will be available in the summer.
Anyway, the topics I talk about include:
* Phobos, including Ranges
* Testing (both static and run time), documentation, and error
* Reflection and code generation
* All kinds of fun with structs
* Integration with other languages and environments
* Using some third party libraries
and some more. My goal is to act as a nice complement to
Andrei's book, not to repeat it, so while I do cover a lot of
language features, I try to do them in the context of bigger
picture tasks. So hopefully, the books can go together and
reinforce each other.
Will the book also be available on Amazon?