Le 05/03/2014 23:19, "Théo Bueno" <mun...@gmx.com>" a écrit :
On Wednesday, 5 March 2014 at 22:12:49 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
People usually tend to spell it in English as Chereli as it looks
similar to how it is pronounced. Ç in Turkish is pronounced the same
as the first sound in "chair".

Thank you for this one.

(I don't think French uses that speech
sound.)

We have one which is quite similar but we need to add a "t" :
"tch" in French equals "ch" in English.

I was surprised to see that there are few French words with "tch" :

$ grep tch /usr/share/dict/french | wc -l
45

with /usr/share/dict/french listing 139719 words on my computer (with in mind that a great amount of words are missing from this list).

We have, for example: sketch (gag), tchèque (someone who lives in the Czech Republic), caoutchouc (elastic), catch (a sport), match (in a game), litchi (a fruit), dispatcher (to dispatch)

Words containing tch seems to be taken for other languages.

Talking about languages is going to become a habit here!