On 03/06/2014 10:44 PM, Meta wrote:
On Thursday, 6 March 2014 at 21:40:30 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
Yes.

Let me Google for myself... :) I've just found the following forum
post, listing the number of foreign words in Turkish. I don't know how
scientific it is.

http://www.dilforum.com/forum/showthread.php/69676-T%C3%9CRK%C3%87EDE-%C3%96Z-ve-YABANCI-KEL%C4%B0ME-SAYISI?s=4f46575e8a1d4c666908139906fa786e

Arabic 6467
French 5253
Persian 1359
English 485
Greek (actually Rum, more like Koine Greek I guess) 400
German 98
Italian 89
Latin 78
Greek 48
Russian 44
Spanish 33
Armenian 24
Slavic 24
Sogdian 24
Bulgarian 19
Japanese 9
Hungarian 9
Korean 1
Hebrew 7
Mongolian 4
Portuguese 3
Norwegian 2
Finnish 2
Albanian 1

Ali

Wow, second only to Arabic. Do you know why that is? It's not something
that I would expect at all. Even stranger is the fact that there are so
few loanwords from the Eastern European countries that actually border
Turkey.

Doesn't look very scientific at all. We have a lot more than 2 foreign words in Norway :)